Tomorrow We Disappear goes into the fading world of Kathputli, India's last colony of magicians, puppeteers and acrobats.
PREMIERED AT TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL 2014
Recent Press + Awards for Tomorrow We Disappear.
- Winner, Special Jury Prize - Philadelphia Film Festival
- Winner, Spirit Award for Best Director - EIDF 2014
- "20 Best Documentaries of 2014" - IndieWire
- Beautiful, sad and stunning, the film lovingly but unflinchingly documents the destructive collision between tradition and modernization, between ramshackle artistry and regimented bureaucracy. At times it has the vibrant spirit of a real-life “Beasts of the Southern Wild”; at other times it is imbued with a profound sense of loss summed up by the words of gifted puppeteer Puran Bhat: “I wish I could stop the world for a moment.” - TheWrap
- "Top Film To See At Tribeca" - Wall Street Journal
- "50 Films To See" - IndieWire
- "'Best of Independent Film Week'...What I’ve seen of it so far gives me goose bumps: the luscious cinematography, the beautiful use of music, the masterful editing..." -- Filmmaker Magazine
- "Every once in awhile, in our ongoing pursuit of strange and amazing places, people and stories, we come across something that truly inspires us. One such find is a film entitledTomorrow We Disappear." -- Huffington Post / Atlas Obscura